Traditional Beliefs about Friday
- Friday is ran by Venus
- Friday is generally considered unlucky because evil is the strongest on this day.
- Fridayís that fall on the 13th of the month are the unluckiest.
- Many believe that it was on a Friday that Eve convinced Adam to eat that Apple.
- Friday is a good day to hold a Coven.
- Friday was the prime day for a good Hanging.
- Accidents are more inclined to happen on a Friday.
- Sneeze on a Friday and Sorrow will follow.
- Doctor visits should never happen on a Friday, as death may follow.
- Projects and Trips started on a Friday rarely end up as planned.
- Anyone who laughs on Friday will cry on Sunday.
- Affairs of love should not be done on a Friday (including courting and even getting married). Some however, believe the exact opposite to be true.
- Getting news on a Friday can cause wrinkles as the news leaves a lasting impression.
- Never get your hair cut on Good Friday. Getting it cut on other Fridays is bad for the person doing the cutting.
- Children born on Friday may find themselves rather unlucky, though may also have second sight or healing powers. Fridayís Child also tends to be Ďloving and givingí.
- If a child is born on Friday it must be laid upon a bible or it will be stolen by fairies (likely due to itís second sight).
- Never turn your bed or mattress on a Friday, itís considered unlucky in many circles.
- To have dreams of your future mate go out in silence on a Friday at midnight and collect nine she-holly leaves.
- Donít do laundry on Friday because as the rhyme states,
Wash on Friday, wash in need
Wash on Saturday, a slut indeed
- Bad things will happen to anyone that cuts their nails on a Friday.
- The weather this Friday will repeat itself next Sunday.
To read more about daily superstitions see:
For discussions on daily superstitions see: