Traditional Beliefs about Saturday
- Ruled by Saturn of course
- The seventh day of the week is good for setting out on a journey
- It’s not advised to work on this day.
- Don’t do laundry on Saturday because as the rhyme states,
Wash on Friday, wash in need
Wash on Saturday, a slut indeed
- Dreams will come true if you share them with others on this day.
- Clipping the nails on Saturday will bring about losses, or maybe a visit from a lover.
- A new moon on Saturday means foul weather.
- The Saturday Moon is called “the sailor’s Curse” in Cornwall.
- Getting the hair cut on this day can cause the person cutting it to never be rich.
- Saturday is a bad day to perform, or to start a new project.
- Sneeze on this day and your lover will soon visit.
- You should not leave the Hospital on a Saturday
- People born on Saturday are reported to see ghosts and must work hard for a living.
- Getting married on the seventh day will result in an early death for both. Though it is now often a “good” day to get married for practical reasons.
- A rainbow sighted on Saturday means it will rain all the next week.
- There is always some (comparatively) fair weather on Saturday. Some say that the “Sun always shines on Saturday”.
To read more about daily superstitions see:
For discussions on daily superstitions see: