Traditional Beliefs about Tuesday
- Thursday is ruled by Jupiter
- Someone born on Thursday has ‘far to go’ or is prone to thievery.
- Getting married on a Thursday is often considered lucky (depending on where one lives).
- Vital decisions are good to make on this day.
- If you must seek legal expertise, try seeking it on Thursday.
- Never spin yarn on this day.
- Clipping the nails on Thursday is OK, but Monday through Wednesday are best.
- If you get your hair cut on Thursday it may adversely affect the riches of the person cutting it.
- It is rather unwise to start a new job on a Thursday.
- You should eat Chicken on any day of the week but this one.
- If the first day of school is on a Thursday, don’t send your children off wearing Rubies.
- Sneezing on a Thursday is a sign of better things to come.
- Many Germans believe that Thursday is the unluckiest day of the week.
- Maundy Thursday (the Thursday before easter, Jesus’ last supper) is considered an unlucky day.
To read more about daily superstitions see:
For discussions on daily superstitions see: